Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My mom [F55] and me [F31], the way she's dealing with my STBXH [M32] is ruining our relationship

My STBXH and I had been married for 5 years and we have a 3 year old daughter together. 6 months ago, he left me for a coworker. He had been having an affair for awhile and he decided he wanted to be with her. It devastated me and I have had a hard time picking up the pieces to my life since.

I have been relying on my family and friends for support and help with my daughter. Most everyone has been supportive, except for my mom.

She's still in contact a lot with my ex. She helps him out when he has our daughter. She even met his girlfriend and is friendly to her. This has caused a lot of tension in our relationship. I finally confronted her about it and she refused to cut contact with him. She said that he's her access to her grandchild should something ever happen to me and that he's like a son to her sine she's known him for so long. She then went on to say that she's "following my lead" because of how I dealt with my dad's affair. He had an affair and left her for another woman. I mended my relationship with him, got to know her, attended their wedding, and we all get along well now. She asked why it was okay for me to do that, but not her. I ended up giving her an ultimatum and walked out.

Now I am questioning everything. I don't know how to be around my mom when she's so buddy buddy with my ex and his girlfriend. It is already hard enough that my daughter is with him and the woman who helped break up my marriage. I'm mad at my mom's comparison because I don't think it is the same. There is a difference between someone's dad and someone's SIL. I can't imagine not being on my daughter's side in this situation.

I don't know if I am being unreasonable wanting her to cut my ex and his girlfriend off or being angry at her. I'm dealing with a lot right now and I really wanted my mom on my side. How should I deal with this?


tl;dr: My STBXH cheated on and left me for another woman, who he is now living with. My mom still talks to him, helps him out, and is friendly with the woman and thinks it is okay because I forgave my dad for cheating on her. How should I handle this?



Submitted February 28, 2019 at 10:21AM by OkFriendship4no https://ift.tt/2tG0ErI
My mom [F55] and me [F31], the way she's dealing with my STBXH [M32] is ruining our relationship My mom [F55] and me [F31], the way she's dealing with my STBXH [M32] is ruining our relationship Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.