Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I'm (32F) struggling after moving from North to South America to be with my husband (35M).

It's been 1 year and a half since I moved, and recently the homesickness has increased tenfold. I was living in a different English speaking country before I moved to South America, and I never felt so homesick there.

The culture, the language, the food - I've adapted, but I feel like I'm just existing and not thriving. I've made some friends, but nothing like the close friendships I've had back home. I also physically stand out here, in terms of complexion and people can always tell I'm a foreigner. It's a fairly large, capital city, but it's not safe to go out at night alone and I'm starting to feel really locked in. I can only uber to places where there will be other people, so can't really go for a walk at night.

But I think the biggest problem is I don't feel professionally satisfied. I had a really prestigious and creatively challenging job before I moved and I've been trying to work remotely as a content and copywriter (which is my actual field), but it's been slim pickings. I've been doing projects which are grunt-work and pretty boring, but even those seemed to have dried up recently.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? How can I overcome this situation?

TL;DR: I moved from North to South America and I'm having troubles adapting, even after 1.5 years.



Submitted February 27, 2019 at 04:13PM by minetminet https://ift.tt/2BVwWDN
I'm (32F) struggling after moving from North to South America to be with my husband (35M). I'm (32F) struggling after moving from North to South America to be with my husband (35M). Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.