Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (33M) feel like I don’t matter too much to the people around me and if I died, no one would notice. What can I do?

I’m feeling a little down because I don’t feel like I really matter. It comes down to a lot of different factors, I’ll try to go through each one.

First comes my work life. I work for a place that has been a literal dream for me for so many years. I don’t want to name what it is for fear of doxxing myself, but it’s an internationally known organization that does amazing things. If I had to name places I’d want to work at, it would easily be in the top three. Trick is though, I am working a relatively meaningless position that doesn’t have too much to do with the amazing work going on throughout the rest of the organization. I work a support role that honestly isn’t wholly necessary. I plan on being here for my career if at all possible and working my way up to something more crucial and meaningful, but I know that will take a long time. For the time being, I just feel so bureaucratic, bored and meaningless. There’s not much I can’t truly add and it feels rough not meaning much to the overall goals of the organization.

Also there’s my home life. I have a great wife who is always loving and supporting. I also have great friends who spend a lot of time with me. But sometimes it hurts a little when I see them without me. My wife sometimes doesn’t have a lot of time for me because she is consumed with work or other friends, and my friends tend to just assume I’ll be busy with work or my wife and also do a lot without me. I feel like I do a lot for them and try my best to be there for them, handle favors and chores, and just all around be supportive, but I don’t feel like all of this is necessarily returned.

It just hurts sometimes feeling kind of unappreciated, and without much value. Like if I suddenly died, it wouldn’t matter too much to my workplace or people in my lives. They’d just move on fine without me.

Anyone else ever felt like this? How can I better handle it?

TLDR - I just don’t really feel like I have much of a purpose in my personal or work life. People seem to take me for granted and I just feel like I don’t matte or belong and that my existence really seems to have no meaning. What can I do?



Submitted February 27, 2019 at 01:53PM by MediumQuestion https://ift.tt/2NxogrL
I (33M) feel like I don’t matter too much to the people around me and if I died, no one would notice. What can I do? I (33M) feel like I don’t matter too much to the people around me and if I died, no one would notice. What can I do? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.