Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [30M] just broke up with my GF [28F] of 3+ years. Feeling very conflicted as to whether it was the right decision.

We broke up three days ago. It’s rather hard to explain what happened but basically it was because of a fight where I got uncharacteristically angry.

She had assumed I was fooling around with a girl at my work after I told her there was an emergency when she tried calling me. It was a real emergency, and someone died. She has been assuming I have been trying to cheat on her with other women for the past 2 years, but I never have nor have I been trying to.

I always answer my phone, don’t hang out with women outside of work, and she even tracks my location! Most people probably would draw the line there but I really liked this girl and thought she was perfect aside from her severe jealousy problem.

She came around the next day after the emergency and apologized. I let it go. But then the day after she made up some story about how I am probably attracted to my co-worker’s wife and was trying to get me to admit it. I’ve seen this woman like once. Don’t find her attractive at all.

Then she sent me this awful text after I refused to admit it, calling me disgusting, a loser, etc. which is not new to her.

Normally once she cools off she apologizes but this time I stood my ground and told her that this stuff has to stop - I’m not cheating on her, I’m not attracted to this guy’s wife and what she said was completely inappropriate.

She kept making up reasons I was wrong but they all seemed very lame to me and in the end I kind of gave her an ultimatum that she really needed to drop it this time and apologize for her behavior.

Of course, she did not. Seems like instead she has blocked me.

I’m sad about it, because honestly outside of this girl’s jealousy streaks she really was the most amazing person I have been with.

I am both relieved and incredibly depressed.

Reddit, how would you decide what to do in this scenario? I know not everyone is perfect and I have tried accepting this girl’s flaws but I couldn’t do it anymore. The abuse against me is too much.

TL;DR My GF broke up with me and I’m having a hard time deciding whether to let her go or to try and make amends.



Submitted February 26, 2019 at 07:52PM by WestyWorld https://ift.tt/2Uergfi
I [30M] just broke up with my GF [28F] of 3+ years. Feeling very conflicted as to whether it was the right decision. I [30M] just broke up with my GF [28F] of 3+ years. Feeling very conflicted as to whether it was the right decision. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.