Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (M24) roommate is refusing to let my girlfriend (F22) stay over

So my roommate “X” (M22) and my girlfriend originally got along pretty well, they weren’t super close, but would have conversations every here and there whenever she would come over.

Over Thanksgiving break there was a misunderstanding with my girlfriend, roommate X and my two other roommates. The other other roommates apologized to my girlfriend which she accepted and forgave them for. Roommate “X” however, didn’t apologize, blamed her for the misunderstanding and claims he is right because he had asked his mom’s friend about the situation. However we had talked about the situation and how he felt about her. He had told me that he doesn’t really like her as a person, but understands that she is important to me and is part of my life.

My girlfriend recently had found termites in her house and needs a place to stay for a few days. My two roommates agreed to let her crash as long as she needed. Roommate X however straight up said no. I was shocked and annoyed and started to suspect this was because he was still mad about the misunderstanding and being petty since she is in a desperate situation out of her control. She is unable to go home to her parents since they are out of state and has a job that she needs to stay here for. I planned to talk to him more about it later on, but he decided to bring it up himself.

He basically told me that he doesn’t like her because of the leftover “drama” from the misunderstanding. HE claims he is “uncomfortable” with her being there. And even after compromising with him that she wouldn’t sleep in our shared room and asking her to stay at work longer, he still ultimately said no to her staying at our place. He also said I’m welcome to bring it up to my other roommates which they all agreed she should have a place to sleep and stay so I’m really confused at what he is getting at here. Since they agreed would it not be a 3-1 which would override his unreasonable no to deny her housing??

TL;DR: my roommate doesn’t like my girlfriend because of a misunderstanding and denied her housing out of seemingly petty? reasons since the misunderstanding was cleared up by two others rather quickly. Am I justified for being upset or is he right to say no to her staying.



Submitted December 08, 2021 at 10:27AM by polar478 https://ift.tt/3Gtc859
My (M24) roommate is refusing to let my girlfriend (F22) stay over My (M24) roommate is refusing to let my girlfriend (F22) stay over Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 09, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.