Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (24f) found out my fiance (23m) was in love with my best friend before we got together

My fiance and I just got engaged last month. We've been together 3 years, and honestly its been almost perfect.

Last weekend we were celebrating and everyone was pretty drunk. One of my fiance's friends mentioned finding it amusing how he ended up with me despite liking my best friend originally. When I asked what they meant they said my fiance had a crush on my best friend before we got together. Apparently he was 'completely in love' with her. On top of that I was told he originally become friends with me to get closer to my friend. I didn't find it funny, and really upset. The night kind of went to shit, and I ended up just leaving.

My fiance claims that they exaggerated and it 'wasnt that bad'. He said he had a small thing for her, and become friends with me by coincidence. We had met at uni and I honestly don't know for certain which is true. He claims that once we started to get close he completely forgot his crush and just fell head over heels in love with me.

I don't know what to feel. He's been an amazing partner, I love him so much. I know he hasn't tried anything with her (she would have let me know immediately). But I just hate knowing this. I know I'm not as beautiful as her or anything, but I really thought I finally found someone who wanted ME. But I'm just the backup because he didn't get the girl he wanted. It hurts so much, and I just feel so betrayed. He's tried to assure me he loves me and she means nothing romantically, but I just don't know. I can't stop hurting and I don't know what to think or who to believe. I don't know what to do about this.

Tl;dr - my fiance had a crush on my best friend before we dated. I was told it was massive, and he only befriended me to get to know her, he claims it was minor, he genuinely befriended me, and loved me for me. I feel so confused and betrayed and don't know how to proceed.



Submitted December 08, 2021 at 04:57AM by ThrowRA-backupgf https://ift.tt/3lLv5Z2
I (24f) found out my fiance (23m) was in love with my best friend before we got together I (24f) found out my fiance (23m) was in love with my best friend before we got together Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 08, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.