Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

FIL changed his will; should I tell my wife?

Tl:dr FIL told me something he shouldn't have; do I keep it secret from my wife?

We (M60,F57) visited her parents this past weekend, first time in over two years due to Covid and border restrictions. While I was out with her Dad, he said they changed their will to take my wife (their daughter) out because they couldn't trust her. Seemed to me he meant as executor, not completely written out but I don't know that. My wife had a falling out with her sister three years ago. We were having a very bad time (still are) and her sister didn't automatically take my wife's side. My wife refuses to have any contact with her sister or her family. My FIL has asked her many times to reconcile. She refuses, says her sister is dead to her. Do I tell my wife what my FIL said? If I do, my FIL is likely going to be in trouble with my MIL for saying anything. On the other hand, if they made this change and didn't tell my wife, they're not being honest. If I don't tell her, MIL and FIL aren't going to say anything or they would have already. When my wife finds out, either because MIL and FIL have passed or something has been said, I'll be a sh*t for not having said anything. Do I let sleeping dogs lie?



Submitted December 06, 2021 at 04:46AM by Maku337 https://ift.tt/3GkRKDc
FIL changed his will; should I tell my wife? FIL changed his will; should I tell my wife? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 06, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.