Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend (30 M) is mad that I (28 F) am going to a holiday party without him. Is this fair?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for two years and everything has been great except for situations like this. We have both agreed to not go party or drink without each other if people of the other sex are going to be there just out of respect. However, I got invited by my best friend to go to her works holiday party and in the moment I said yes. I figured this isn't a bar or "party" situation so it would be fine. She works for a small engineering firm and her office is older/professionals. She herself is also extremely responsible/professional. My boyfriend knows her and they are friends too. I myself am extremely loyal and would never do anything to disrespect my boyfriend or relationship. I do not go out, and if I do, I go with him. If I am with my single friends and they want to go out to a house party or bar where I know other guys will be there, I will leave.

When I told my boyfriend about this he got upset and said okay if you're going to go to a holiday party without me I will go to a friend's holiday party alone too. He kept saying it was "eye for an eye." He said he has a friend who he used to work with from a supplement store that he ran into recently and who invited him to the company's holiday party. He and this guy were more like party friends from what I heard and haven't hung out in almost four years. I know of this old friend of his from my group of friends and he was known to be a partier, and regularly cheat on his girlfriends. Not to mention the crowd there would be all the gym crowd, who around here are younger people who love to party and who he used to party with himself when he was younger.

I told him first of all threatening me by saying he was going to go to a holiday party was not cool and that they were not the same thing. I was going with a friend who he knew, and it would be an older crowd. He would be going to a party with someone I didn't know and who I have heard is not the best influence. I also told him the eye for an eye thing is extremely immature. If I want to go to a function without him once and I while I should be able to and not be threatened with the fact that its "eye for an eye" and that he will go and do the same. I also told him if he truly wanted it to be eye for an eye he would go to a holiday party with one of his friends that I know and trust, and it would be a holiday party with an older/professional crowd. Lastly, I told him if he were me and told me the same thing I would be fine with him going, drive and pick him up, and not threaten him by saying I was going to go to a party without him to make things "even."

Now I am really torn about going to this function with my friend. Should I cancel or still go? Is what my boyfriend saying fair and am I in the wrong?

TL;DR: I got invited to a friend's holiday party without my boyfriend and now my boyfriend is upset and threatening to go to a much younger crowds holiday party without me as well. Is this fair of him to do?



Submitted December 06, 2021 at 07:19AM by BigWolverine2526 https://ift.tt/3lzSfS7
My boyfriend (30 M) is mad that I (28 F) am going to a holiday party without him. Is this fair? My boyfriend (30 M) is mad that I (28 F) am going to a holiday party without him. Is this fair? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 06, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.