Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I didn't know she was a child

So I (19F) recently got back in touch with an old friend (18M) and we made plans to meet up. He has never really had any luck with girls but he mentioned he had recently gotten a gf and asked if she could tag along. The first red flag was that he asked me to keep it on the DL from everyone (especially his overbearing parents who he said dislike her for no reason) but I was excited for him and wanted to be supportive so I agreed.

The day rolled around and he asked me if I would drive as he was having some car problems. I picked him up then drove to the gf's house to pick her up. As we are heading off to the restaurant we planned on eating at, I casually asked her ice breaker questions including how old she was. She said she was 15 and a freshman (my friend is already graduated). I was shocked and had no idea how to respond. The whole evening I drove them around while they sat in the backseat and made out. I was horrified and super uncomfortable but I didn't know what I could even do especially since I was both their ride home.

I know 3 years isn't a huge age gap but because she is a child and he is an adult (he'll be 19 before she turns 16) it just felt weird and wrong. I feel complicit in something gross and quite possibly dangerous because I didn't put my foot down. They are both so clearly unstable and I don't know if intervening would set off some kind of horrible chain reaction. Should I tell someone? Should I talk to my friend? Should I stay out of it and let his or her parents or closer friends make the call (assuming they ever find out)? I just wanna keep kids safe, all advice is welcome.

TDLR: I didn't find out my adult friend's new gf was a child until it was too late and I don't know what to do.



Submitted July 31, 2021 at 09:37PM by demonic_duckling99 https://ift.tt/3xrD5BD
I didn't know she was a child I didn't know she was a child Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 01, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.