Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Boyfriend (33m) rages at me (28f)

My boyfriend and I have been together nearly two years. After the honeymoon phase, about 6 months in, his yelling became an issue. He has been working on it, and with improvement - but he still gets in these really scary rages that make me feel like shit.

He has never raised a hand against me or anyone. I am not in physical danger. The emotional toll is what I'm writing about here.

For example - this morning we got in an argument. I wasn't feeling heard, he was feeling misunderstood. So in usual fashion we dealt with his feelings first. Then, we move on to try to talking about my feelings - every time we do he takes offense from something and we end up arguing about something totally different - and I still haven't got to express my feelings. Today, I told him I didn't want to tell him how I felt because it didn't matter what I said. He said he would just listen and not talk - then I tried to tell him how I felt again and he ends up SCREAMING at me. He couldn't stop. I literally told him, "Get the fuck out of my house, this is not okay." and held the damn door open for him.

When we're not in an argument, of course, he is incredibly loving, kind, and supportive.

My question is: have I ended up in an emotionally abusive relationship here? Where is the line between healthy expression of anger and mistreatment of one's partner? Feeling pretty bad over here.

TL;DR - Does my boyfriend's anger mean I'm in an unhealthy relationship?



Submitted March 01, 2021 at 12:05PM by SeekerBK https://ift.tt/3uK8rmJ
Boyfriend (33m) rages at me (28f) Boyfriend (33m) rages at me (28f) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 01, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.