Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (27f) am pregnant and got an STI from my husband (28m)

We've been together almost 6 years, married for a little over a year and have a 2 year old son. I am currently 13 weeks pregnant. At a prenatal visit last week, I was screened for various things including STD's/STI's (standard testing, I didn't specifically request it). I found out a couple days ago that I tested positive for Chlamydia. I was completely blindsided and confused as to how that could happen being in a monogamous, faithful relationship.

To give some background on our relationship, we have had a rough couple of years, really since I became pregnant with our first son. We've slowly drifted apart and our sex life decreased substantially and never really went back to how it was after my son was born. I know I bear the biggest responsibility for that and accept that I should have done more to help our sex life recover since it was really my libido that decreased. I also stopped being as affectionate as I used to be in the beginning. We went to therapy a couple months ago and seemed to be making progress then we just kind of stopped going. A month or so after that I became pregnant with our second child.

Now, it's worth noting that a couple months ago my husband went to the doctor because he was experiencing some discomfort/pain in his penis. He told me all his results came back normal and that was that. I had no reason to believe any differently, and it never crossed my mind that he could have had an STI/STD.

Back to our current situation - I confronted him after I got the positive test results and he denied cheating on me. He said he wanted to get tested himself and that maybe there was a mistake in my test results. We've been fighting a couple days now and nothing has come of it except me crying several times a day over this situation. It hurts me that he won't admit to being unfaithful and he keeps telling me he loves me and wants to be with me. I told him I can't even begin to think of moving forward from this until he's honest with me, but he keeps going around the issue. How can I even begin to reconcile what happened and what I should do if he's not willing to come clean? He keeps saying that's not the most important thing here and that I need to decide if I still love him and want to make this work. What's the best way to have this conversation and make him understand why this is important to move forward? Any advice is appreciated

TL;DR: I tested positive for Chlamydia and am currently 13 weeks pregnant; husband won't admit to cheating and just wants to move on from this and wants me to decide if I want to fight for our marriage without being honest first



Submitted February 01, 2020 at 07:21PM by eglez https://ift.tt/2GRSvH7
I (27f) am pregnant and got an STI from my husband (28m) I (27f) am pregnant and got an STI from my husband (28m) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 02, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.