My boyfriend was let go from his job over two months ago because of his lackluster performance. Since then, he's been applying to jobs and repeatedly getting denied.
But the more he gets rejected, the more depressed he becomes. As a result, he’s gotten lazy about applying (sending in typo-filled applications, not making an effort to follow up, etc.) and turned to me for financial support. I’ve been ok with helping him out with certain things (like the flight to my friends wedding, buying his drinks when we’re out with friends, covering dinner occasionally,) but I've noticed its started to take a major toll on my bank account and I don't know how much longer I can do this.
Moreover, the fact that this is happening with him is giving me doubts as to what it could be like in the future. We have always had a great relationship, but I worry that down the line it could happen again. I’m very worried for him and don’t know how much longer I can help him out.
I love him and don’t want to break up with him (he’s not mentally stable enough to handle that anyway) over something so shallow like money, but I’m really concerned about what is going to happen. I’m not even sure if he’ll be able to make rent for his place next month. I don’t know what to do.
TL;DR: My boyfriend lost his job and I've been paying for everything, and I feel guilty about bringing it up with him but I'm worried for him financially.
Submitted October 25, 2019 at 10:31AM by OwnActive https://ift.tt/2PlhiZV


No comments:
Post a Comment