Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [29M] and my gf [25] are staring to talk about marriage. She has debt, while I don't. Want to find a productive way to talk about money before we get married.

Hi All,

My gf and I have been dating about 2 years now and we currently live together (she solely owns the home, while I pay her rent and utilities/we split it). Both of us make a little north of 70k. I have no debt at all but she has quite a bit of it (at least 70k in student loans, 4k in CC, and a car payment). She doesn't have much of an issue with financing items (as to her, you don't put up as much money up front, so you save) while I am not the most comfortable with any form of debt (but am not opposed to it, like for a mortgage or small car loan).

I am thinking about proposing but I want to talk about finances and how we'll handle money when we're married (making a budget, combining finances, etc). We are pretty open about what we make and any debts we have or have had in the past (when we started dating, I told about a collections I had... which I did pay off). What's the best way to start a conversation about it?

tl;dr - Gf and I are starting to talk about marriage and I want to find the best/most constructive way to talk about finances.

Edit: I should also mention that she recently co-signed a car loan for a friend and this is something I want to talk about as well with her.



Submitted October 25, 2019 at 01:16PM by tossmeawayacct https://ift.tt/2qGm8GE
I [29M] and my gf [25] are staring to talk about marriage. She has debt, while I don't. Want to find a productive way to talk about money before we get married. I [29M] and my gf [25] are staring to talk about marriage. She has debt, while I don't. Want to find a productive way to talk about money before we get married. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 25, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.