Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (21F) lab partner (23M) removed me from a group document and completely changed my section.

This is a senior project that we have to do with a team. One of my teammates, K, has been very controlling throughout the entire process. Basically, K will independently make a decision and it's final. For this reason, literally everything in the final project was done by K because they refused to delegate roles. In fact, the work that I did got cut at the 11th hour because K decided they wanted to do it.

Fast forward to the presentation: We had a shared Google Slides document. I had one slide in my section that K did not like the design of. As a note, we had clearly defined who was going to cover which topics. Basically, I created X,Y,Z and K wanted A,B,C. These two designs were virtually identical and K mostly wanted to nitpick my section. We reached a compromise of X,Y,C. I adjusted the slide accordingly but then K removed my editing privileges from the document and changed my slide to A,B,C.

I honestly do not care that the slide is A,B,C. I am livid that I was locked out of my own presentation and had my own slides changed by someone else. I honestly don't know what to do. I'm scared to go to our project adviser because my work isn't in the final project. If I explain why this is the case, I don't have an answer for "Why didn't you speak up sooner?" Additionally, K has a job interview with the company that supported our project, and I don't want to make them look bad professionally.

So what do I do? We have a mock presentation with our adviser in two days. One of my ideas was to just not present the slide and say "I didn't make this," but I feel like that's counter productive. I absolutely do not want to lie down and take this because I believe K's actions are totally unacceptable. If I go to our adviser, it could hurt me more than K. If I bring the company representatives into this, it hurts K more than me. I'm not really seeing a way to fix the problem without one person suffering in some great way.

tl;dr My incredibly controlling lab partner and I disagreed on the design of a slide. After we reached a compromise, my lab partner locked me out of the document and completely changed the slide. If I go to our adviser, it could hurt me more than them because nothing I worked on is in the final project.



Submitted April 30, 2019 at 08:02PM by themapoe http://bit.ly/2GVrlAf
My (21F) lab partner (23M) removed me from a group document and completely changed my section. My (21F) lab partner (23M) removed me from a group document and completely changed my section. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.