Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [28M] have had a a little success in my career and it comes with a minor amount of fame. My wife [26f] seems to be getting resentful of it and I'm not sure what to do about it.

I'm in motor sports. I'm no Formula 1 driver or anything, but I'm having a little bit of success with it and it comes with a very little bit of fame.

Like, no one who doesn't follow my little niche branch of racing is going to know or care who I am, but I am getting some recognition from in the community, I've been interviewed for motorsport related Tv shows, etc.

Six years ago, long before any of that, I was married to my wife. She was with me back when I was just Army private #189789. She was with me when I got into motor sports and for years was just some no-name rookie that no one cared about, trying to creep up the ladder.

It is only very recently that I've found any amount of real success and she seems resentful of it.

Our apartment is decorated with a lot of stuff relating to what I do, for example. I noticed she was gradually taking it down and putting it away. I didn't mind, I wouldn't have thrown so much of it on the walls if I knew she didn't like it, but she never told me that.

She herself got interviewed trackside one day. Not much of one, just someone asking her a couple questions relating to me. But she gets pretty pissed if anyone mentions it to her now.

I said something to her about it once, just like "They're only asking babe, you don't need to bite their head off." And she got very defensive and told me she doesn't like being interviewed. She never said that to me so I expressed mild surprise. She told me it was because "They only want to talk to me because I'm married to you..."

She is honestly not wrong there, so I dropped it but did tell her not to feel bad about declining if anyone comes to put her on camera again, and I kinda put it out through friends in the community that my wife would prefer to be left alone by reporters.

She has started making comments lately about me finding some other line of work. I don't mean to argue about it, but I do tell her that I love what I do. And moreover, she loves the cool apartment I pay for by doing it. She loves the travel that comes with it. She likes the social events that come with it. Not to be a jerk, but you can't really have all that without my career. And I'm paying for her to go to school for a career she wants with, you guessed it, the money I make in my own career.

I'm not unsympathetic and I do want to do right by her. She'll always be the priority over my career, or whatever else. But she's never said any of this until now. She was always supportive of me trying to move up the ladder when I was on the bottom rung. She was always trackside cheering me on.

Now she seems to not like it anymore.

Can I find healthy middle ground. I can understand that she maybe is tired of the lifestyle, but this is what I am best at, what would I go to from here? And honestly, I don't want to leave if I can help it while doing right by my wife.

Can I make her feel better about this without giving up what I love? Or should I call an early retirement, now that I'm finally getting successful? Am I the asshole?

TL;DR: I have found success and a small amount of fame in my career. My previously very supportive wife now seems resentful. How do I make it right?



Submitted May 29, 2019 at 12:31PM by ProfessionalPoem1 http://bit.ly/2JNuZi0
I [28M] have had a a little success in my career and it comes with a minor amount of fame. My wife [26f] seems to be getting resentful of it and I'm not sure what to do about it. I [28M] have had a a little success in my career and it comes with a minor amount of fame. My wife [26f] seems to be getting resentful of it and I'm not sure what to do about it. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.