Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I [21/F] explain to my mom [40s/F] that opening a credit card in my name was out of line?

Earlier today, my mom came into my room and started prattling on about some credit card I should apply for. (I already have a credit card, but I get offers from other banks/companies? occasionally.) I just kinda said "yeah, yeah" to her since I was doing something else.

Just now, she came into my room and said "Oh, by the way, the credit card was approved!" and I was like "?? What credit card??" and she said, "The one I was telling you about earlier!" and I was like "Did you just open a credit card in my name?" And she was like, "Yeah, I told you I was going to do that. I mean, it's a great deal. There's no annual fee and you get $200 when you spend $1000." I mean, whether or not that's a great deal or not is beside the point. I was unhappy that she decided to take matters into her own hands and the fact that she was brushing it off as "Well, I'm doing you a favor" wasn't really making things any better. I was a bit heated, so I just snapped, "Well, you can't go around just stealing my identity to open new credit cards."

Now she's mad at me for telling her she "stole" my identity (specifically with using the word steal--I saw her stiffen when I said that), but I'm kind of sick of her constant "I'm just trying to do nice things for you," bullshit. Even my dad will stick up for me when he sees it happening, and is constantly telling her to cut it out. Now she's going around giving me the cold shoulder and telling my dad to never help me because I'm ungrateful.

How do I explain to her that yes, while my language was harsh, I really did not appreciate what she did? How do I enforce better boundaries in the future?

tl;dr: Mom opened credit card in my name for me because she thinks that's what I need, how do I communicate to her that she should not be doing these things for me?



Submitted May 30, 2019 at 01:18PM by cow-plants http://bit.ly/2XouUEZ
How do I [21/F] explain to my mom [40s/F] that opening a credit card in my name was out of line? How do I [21/F] explain to my mom [40s/F] that opening a credit card in my name was out of line? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.