Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (24f) tried to have the “marriage talk” with my boyfriend (26m), and it did not go well

We have been together for almost 10 years now. Almost 2 years ago I moved across country with him for him to go to grad school. Now that he’s graduated, me moving to another state with him for a new job is now on the table. Last night I sat down with him and just brought up my concerns with moving again and wanted to hear his concerns/ how job hunting was going. At the end of the conversation, I brought up how worried I was again about moving to another state with him. I brought up how we have never really had a conversation about marriage and how all I wanted to hear from him is that there’s a commitment from him before I move with him again. I told him I was NOT expecting/wanting him to propose before the move or even in the next year or two. Were young, and not fully financially stable yet, so I really am in no rush. I told him I just wanted to know if he is fully committed and he knows he wants to marry me in the future. He couldn’t tell me that. After I finished talking, we just sat in silence for 2 minutes because he didn’t say anything. At that point I started to panic and told him that him not saying anything was worrying me. All he could say was “well I believe in us” “I don’t want you to worry about it” “I mean I do want to be with you forever” and kept repeating that he believes in us. Didn’t say one word about marriage or letting me know he wants to even marry me. At that point I couldn’t help but cry and go to bed. He didn’t check on me or say anything else.

Am I overreacting? He did say “he wants to be with me forever” but it wasn’t too convincing.

At this point I’m not sure what to think/do/say to him. I’m just bummed and want some opinions from this.

TLDR: Been with boyfriend for almost 10 years. Before moving to another state again, asked boyfriend if he wants to marry me in the future and he couldn’t tell me.



Submitted May 31, 2019 at 06:41AM by kitkatkk91 http://bit.ly/2XlPQME
I (24f) tried to have the “marriage talk” with my boyfriend (26m), and it did not go well I (24f) tried to have the “marriage talk” with my boyfriend (26m), and it did not go well Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 31, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.