Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (28M) called 911 on my (27F) wife and she was arrested. It was a mistake. I ruined everything.

Been together 10 years. Married 4 years. Couples counseling for 3 months. Our fights have been getting more intense, and she does this thing where she blocks me in a space (e.g. kitchen, room) until I talk to her – when I usually feel it's better to cool off. I don't want to touch her to leave the space, so I feel trapped. This time I had drank way too much and called 911, mostly as a threat for her to leave me alone.

They answered. Cops came. In Colorado it is (a bullshit) state law they have to mandatorily arrest one of the parties in a domestic dispute. She also told the police she tried to stop me from calling 911 (because it wasn't a big issue) which was a huge mistake and a class 1 misdemeanor.

They took her away in handcuffs, she spent 24 hours in jail, and is charged with class 1 and 2 misdemeanors (False Imprisonment, and Obstruction of Telephone Service). We now have a no contact order in place for at least a month and a half. I can't believe I put her through this. It all blew up so quickly, and I ruined everything.

I can't forgive myself, and I don't think she'll ever forgive me. Her family and my family can't believe I did this to her and now hate me. I feel hopeless, and can't stop crying. I never want to drink again, but I also want to drink myself to death. Is there any positive path forward?

---TL;DR I drunkenly and mistakenly called 911 on my wife and she was arrested and charged with class 1 and 2 misdemeanors. I ruined our relationship, her life, and really mine as well. How do I move forward?

Update: Thank you all so much for the comments. It's helping me gain perspective.



Submitted May 29, 2019 at 10:09AM by Ontheturboteam http://bit.ly/30Uk77m
I (28M) called 911 on my (27F) wife and she was arrested. It was a mistake. I ruined everything. I (28M) called 911 on my (27F) wife and she was arrested. It was a mistake. I ruined everything. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.