Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Older woman [65f] at my [30f] job is being catfished/scammed

Hope it’s ok I post this here! I went to /needadvice but it said no relationship questions! Wasn’t sure if this applied.

I work with this older woman at my job who I heard recently had put in her two weeks notice because she was getting remarried (she’s widowed) and moving to Texas (far from where we are). I thought, good for her. She’s kind of a weird one but always nice and a hard worker. I finally had the chance to talk to her about it today.

She told me she met this guy on Facebook, they talked, exchanged pictures and fell in love. But she is all worried and freaking out because apparently, he has been working some job (?) in Syria (??!!) for the past year or so and he’s “stuck” there. She said he was paid for the work ahead of time for the full amount ($300,000 🙄) and since him and his “co workers” finished the job earlier than expected, they have to pay back $30,000. All of his co workers managed this except him. What even is this? An American working in Syria? There isn’t even an American embassy there anymore I don’t think.

Now his money is in his bank in the US and can’t get to it. No family on his account, bank won’t work with him, many other bullshit excuses she told me. She’s never met him, talks to his “son” but has never talked to him. I’m waiting for her to tell me she gets a “check” from a family member of his, cashes it at her bank and then wires it to him, etc etc that whole scam.

It’s so obvious she’s getting catfished and about to get scammed. She’s an older lady, she’s probably never heard of this scam or even heard of catfishing. She’s all alone (family in a different state) and widowed.

My problem is apparently a few people at my work know. I’m one of the last to find out. I can’t just sit by and let this poor woman QUIT her job and potentially get severely scammed and heart broken. Everyone I talked to says, “it’s none of my business, she won’t listen.” What should I do? Just stay out of it?

TL;DR - Old lady at my job is getting catfished and possibly scammed, is in the process of quitting her job and moving, no one wants to intervene. What should I do?



Submitted May 29, 2019 at 07:21PM by samjsatt http://bit.ly/2EKMjQS
Older woman [65f] at my [30f] job is being catfished/scammed Older woman [65f] at my [30f] job is being catfished/scammed Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.