Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [24m] family seemly doesn't want to spend time with me

Hi. I should start off with saying I have Aspergers so it might just be something I'm telling myself but I've been thinking of this for a while.

Ever so often I ask my dad [56m] If he wants to hang out and usually very quickly tries to pass it off to my mum or sister. For example, I ask him if he wants to go watch a movie, and he says I should ask my mum, I ask him if he wants to go swimming like we did when I was younger and he says he's too old. I ask him if he wants to go to the local Zoo and says it doesn't interest him. I'm at a loss as to how I get to spend more time with him.

I ask my mum [56f] about watching a movie then and she replies with either a) I should ask my dad or b) She has to work (Which I understand, she has a very stressful schedule for work.) but occasionally she says Yes to going to watch a movie or going to the local zoo, but it honestly feels like she does it out of pity, because she follows it up with "I guess I have to".

My sister [28f] is also very busy with work, and she's living with her boyfriend, she usually just says I should ask my mum too.

I'm not sure as to what I can do to to get to spend more time with anyone really. They all have jobs obviously, (my Fathers work schedule is 2 weeks in the north sea, and 3 weeks home. Also my parents are divorced)

Thanks for Reading. I hope someone has some pointers for what I can do differently.

TL;DR it feels like my family doesn't want to spend time with me. Not sure what I can do differently.



Submitted May 28, 2019 at 11:16AM by MichaelJensen1 http://bit.ly/2JJYCB5
My [24m] family seemly doesn't want to spend time with me My [24m] family seemly doesn't want to spend time with me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.