Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My best friend is secretly sabotaging my relationships out of jealousy.

Me (M) and my best friend (M) (whom we'll call Chris) have been friends for over 8 years. We recently moved to CA so that I could attend college and he would help split rent and bills. Over the last year I've decided to focus a little more attention on my love life since I've focused on school and work for so long. We normally go out together to wing man each other i'm hetero and he's Bi so we normally don't step on each others toes.

I've been getting a little more successful with girls but I realized that they would become disinterested with me after a couple of weeks. I thought it was me at first and reflected on it quite a bit. I began realizing that the relationship would predominately decline after the 3rd or 4th time she would come over. I couldn't really fathom that it would be my best friend. I started putting 2 + 2 together and things started to make sense.

  1. Chris would vanish if I was having a one night stand and become stand offish till she would leave the next morning.

  2. Chris has been trying to basically become a house wife and doesn't want me to bother with things such as cooking,
    cleaning and laundry .

  3. every time I would try to talk to him about a girl or bring up a relationship he will become standoffish and state that maybe it wasn't the best time for me to be in a relationship citing my slight disconnection with empathy and Introversion.

  4. Chris is a psychology major and frequently reads books or manipulation and priming. I've read most of those books myself and noticed him using techniques but haven't really thought anything of it till recently.

I had to figure it out. It was hurting my mental health seeing my relationships fall away from me even though i'm doing my best. I spent the last two weeks baiting Chris using girls that I meet at the bar. I would hit it off with them things would be going well. The bar would we go to has a back patio and I would tell them that i needed some air. I tell them to join me outside but I would go to the bathroom and go grab another drink. This would take me 5 minutes. By the time I would get back, her disposition towards me would undergone a complete 180. She would walk away and I would ask Chris what happened and he would just say that she wasn't feeling to well. This experiment went on for 3 other times and results were the same. When I go out alone I have no issues and my nights go over really well.

I have not confronted him but my resentment is building and I need help. I'm not one for confrontation

TL:DR

My best friend may secretly be sabotaging my relationships to keep me for himself.

Please don't destroy me this is my first post on reddit.



Submitted May 29, 2019 at 02:49PM by Dranglei http://bit.ly/2EJLPdB
My best friend is secretly sabotaging my relationships out of jealousy. My best friend is secretly sabotaging my relationships out of jealousy. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.