Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

SO [27M] is invited to his ex's best friend's wedding, and I'm [26F] not

We've been together for a year, and he's recently been invited to this girl's wedding.

To put things in context, he was dating his ex for 7 years and they broke up about 2 years ago. She moved away for a job and left him and broke his heart. They're in good terms but I can tell he was devastated when she left and she obviously holds a special place in his heart. He talks about her very little, but when he does, it's always positively and with a lot of tenderness. I know he loves me, but it's hard not to feel a little pang of jealousy at how much he cherishes their time together.

One of her best friends is getting married this summer. The groom, to complicate things further, is a very good friend of my SO's cousin, so they're often around.

They had a small evening gathering to celebrate with their friends a few weeks before the wedding and kept talking about the wedding, and handed out official invitations to everyone. I didn't get one, but assumed I would be my SO's plus one.

A few days later, my SO tells me they're not allowing plus ones. I also learn that his ex is one of the bridesmaids. So not only am I not allowed to go, but his ex is going to be there, also alone. They have barely seen each other since the break-up, only bumping into each other a couple of times. She called him a few times to catch up when she was in town.

It bothers me a lot, I'm not sure how to react. I don't want to tell him not to go, but at the same time the situation makes me really uncomfortable. I trust him and know he won't ever be unfaithful, but it'll still be a tough pill to swallow, to think that they're going to get piss drunk at a party I'm not allowed to go to.

Am I justified in my discomfort or am I just being anxious and jealous?

TLDR: my SO is invited to his ex's best friend's wedding, and his ex is obviously going to be there, but I'm not invited.



Submitted May 29, 2019 at 01:55PM by throwawayhecantknow http://bit.ly/2HJoSJp
SO [27M] is invited to his ex's best friend's wedding, and I'm [26F] not SO [27M] is invited to his ex's best friend's wedding, and I'm [26F] not Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.