Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (22f) boyfriend (22m) didn’t show up to my birthday party on Saturday.

Here’s a little background. I started dating my boyfriend in January. We’re both in college. I noticed before we started dating that he liked to hang out with his guy friends a lot. I figured once we started dating he would want to hang out with me a little more and I was wrong. We’ve probably hung out one on one maybe 10 times in our entire relationship. He’s ditched me for his friends when we had plans many times. He didn’t make the effort to do anything with me for Valentine’s Day. I had tickets to a baseball game last weekend and I asked him in advance if he could take off work for it and he said he could but didn’t. I’ve communicated many times that I’m not sure I’m a priority to him and he’s said that he has a lot going on mentally. I’ve been understanding and patient as long as possible but I’m not sure that I can do that anymore. Here’s why. My birthday party was on Saturday (memorial weekend). I invited my close friends to all hang out and a lot of them couldn’t come because, well, it was memorial weekend and they all had plans. I told my boyfriend that I was upset that not a lot of people could come and he assured me he would take the day off and be there. Mind you, his birthday is New Year’s Eve so he knows how this feels and even said that to me. My boyfriends car ends up breaking down on Friday and he tells me that he can’t make it to my birthday party because he’s an hour away with no car. I was upset at that, but I understood yet again. Well on Saturday, I found out that he ended up coming to the town where my party was to drop off his car. He didn’t tell me. Didn’t stop by to say hi. I confronted him about it and he told me that he was sorry and that he didn’t think about staying up because he was concerned about how he would get to work on TUESDAY. I told him that I was really hurt and that it was really important to me that he be there. I’ve been thinking about ending the relationship because I’m not sure if it’s the best for my mental health. I’m not sure if I’m being too dramatic? Is this is something that I should be this upset over? Or should I try to be understanding?

TL;DR My boyfriend didn’t show up to my birthday party and told me it’s because he was an hour away with no car but I found out he was in the same town as my party on the day of my party. There’s a history of him not showing up to things that are important to me, and I think I want to end the relationship but I’m not sure if I’m being too dramatic.



Submitted May 29, 2019 at 11:39AM by throwawayyy12223 http://bit.ly/2JKIXBq
My (22f) boyfriend (22m) didn’t show up to my birthday party on Saturday. My (22f) boyfriend (22m) didn’t show up to my birthday party on Saturday. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.