Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My mother (50sF) has decided to rent my (26F) room out when I'm still living in the house and paying most of the weekly mortgage repayment.

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. Necessary back story.. I (26F) am currently living at my home house and am paying her rent weekly which totals about 3/4 of the total mortgage payment. I have the house to myself most of the week because my mother (everyone else has moved out) spends Wednesday to Sunday in a different county about 3 hours away.

Today, I came home from work to find that she had black bagged everything in my room, put it into the box room and locked my room. She texted me and told me she is getting someone in to rent my room because she cannot continue to keep up mortgage repayments due to her "low income". She rents a separate place from Wednesday to Sunday and spends a lot of money on fuel driving up and down.

I'm so angry that she thought it would be okay to do this without even mentioning it to me but also that she would do this at a time when she knows I'm very stressed with work. She obviously thought that she would have a better chance of getting someone to rent my room as it is over double the size of the box room. (It must not have occurred to her to rent out her own room which is a similar size to mine.)

I feel like a child for making a big deal out of this and needing to ask for advice on how to approach it but she is notoriously difficult to deal with and moving out isn't an option at the minute unfortunately. So if anyone has any wise words or advice on how to deal with the situation (and her) I'd love to hear it.

Thanks for reading!

TL;DR: Mother black bagged everything in my bedroom and is now renting it out even though I still live there and pay a bigger portion of the mortgage than her.



Submitted May 29, 2019 at 11:32AM by shef9002 http://bit.ly/2YPKkCe
My mother (50sF) has decided to rent my (26F) room out when I'm still living in the house and paying most of the weekly mortgage repayment. My mother (50sF) has decided to rent my (26F) room out when I'm still living in the house and paying most of the weekly mortgage repayment. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.