Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

[Non-Romantic] My [17m] Father [34M] physically assaulted me yesterday and the police justified it...

A little backstory, my father has massive anger management issues and has never really liked me. He believes I am a disappointment and treats me as such. My parents also follow what the bible says very closely, I personally am an atheist and I revealed this to my mother yesterday which launched an argument. My dad, only knowing my moms side of the story and not giving me the chance to speak my side, hopped into the argument and started yelling at me. After my mother telling me multiple times that "I wasn't raised this way" and that I am a disappointment, this led to my phone being confiscated. They asked for my password multiple times and I (admittingly being a bit of a teenage asshole) refused to give it up. My dad got fed up and charged me and placed his hands around my neck and head and banged my head into my wall three times. I fought back in what I believe to be self defense, my mom tried to break up the fight and ended up getting hit in the process, this parts important for later. He kept physically assaulting me and my mom had to drag me out of the house and into the car.

The next day I mentioned that this was indeed physical abuse and not discipline to my mom and she completely disagreed. She said that since my dad struck me with an open hand it was discipline, the only thing is, that's a complete lie.

Today after i got home from school I informed my parents that'd i like to go to my grandparents house which was an option mentioned the other night. They said I could not and responded angrily to me when I insisted it was for the better. This escalated when I told them I would call the police and tell them I feel unsafe in the household, which I do. My father offered to call the police and kept threatening me, he asked me what I would do and i responded something to the affect of...

"I will tell them I feel unsafe and mention that you're hostile, I won't mention that you struck me in the interest of my sisters." I've come to r/relationships before about a situation where he took me out to the woods and threatened to "beat my fucking brains in" and I came to the assumption that calling DCFS or CPS would be a bad idea in general. I love my sisters more than anything and I don't want them seperated from my dad as he only acts violently towards me.

My mother responded that she would show the bruises to the cops and tell them that "I hit her" if i try to accuse my dad of anything. The cops came and sided with my parents on every single aspect, my parents painted me as a rebellious teenager with no respect for authority, I maintained an extremely respectful manner with the police even though I was completely heartbroken, and they left.

Which brings us to now, I don't know what to do next. I don't feel safe here and the law will side with my parents unless I tell them the full story. I don't want to tell them the full story because I don't want my sisters to be taken away. As far as I see it my only choice is to wait for my Emancipation in 5 months. I sincerely welcome any advice offered...

TL;DR - Me and my father got into a physical altercation where he struck me multiple times. My parents sincerely believe this was discipline and my mother threatened to make up a lie to get me into trouble with the cops. The police were called the next day and sided with my parents one every matter and told me "good luck". I wish to not get DCFS involved in the interest of my younger sisters who do not face abuse on the level that I do.



Submitted April 03, 2019 at 05:59PM by ineedhelp434235235 https://ift.tt/2CWCnmm
[Non-Romantic] My [17m] Father [34M] physically assaulted me yesterday and the police justified it... [Non-Romantic] My [17m] Father [34M] physically assaulted me yesterday and the police justified it... Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 03, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.