Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (28F) Boyfriend (27m) who I've started living with won't get his Boiler Fixed and I'm not authorized to fill out the form, its free.

Started living with my boyfriend a month ago, it's great and I love it, but we've hit a bit of a rock. He has his own rented place, I pay him half the rent and help out with shopping, bills and stuff for the house. It's exactly 50/50. His landlord knows I'm living there and is fine with it (in fact he says the house has never looked cleaner lol.)

I went away last weekend with friends, (Thur until Saturday) and got back and the boiler wasn't working. We had no hot water at all. My boyfriend said it had been broken since Friday but he would sort it. Until then we had to have cold showers and boil the kettle for washes.

The cold showers are awful they're so freezing, and I get brain freeze after for ages. I hate it but I have to be clean especially for work. On Monday I asked if he had reported it, he said he'd phoned up but they need him to fill out a form which they've emailed to him. I asked if he wanted me to do it and he said no it has to be him - he's got this online account with the agency. It's all free for my BF as they send someone to fix it.

Come Wednesday I've just text and he still hasn't done it and I feel quite ill from the cold showers. He doesn't shower as much as he works as a mechanic, he showers every 3 days whereas I need to daily or I feel gross.

I don't want to have to keep nagging but I can't live without hot water. I kinda just wanted to rant more than anything as I know the only answer is to keep on at him. But do you think it's okay for any BF/GF to invite someone to live with them, then put off fixing the boiler, watching them struggle with freezing showers each day? Or am I over reacting?

Edit: Thanks for all the answers. He's going to do the form tonight and has offered to take me to my parents so I can have a bath. If nothing happens though I'm not going to drop it until it does. You're right I'm being too soft and putting his contentment before my own when it needs to be 50/50.

TL;Dr: We have no hot water having to have freezing showers but BF won't fill out the form for the landlord to sort it and it's been almost a week. I can't do it because I'm not authorized.



Submitted April 03, 2019 at 02:01AM by Mikomiji https://ift.tt/2OPnzuF
My (28F) Boyfriend (27m) who I've started living with won't get his Boiler Fixed and I'm not authorized to fill out the form, its free. My (28F) Boyfriend (27m) who I've started living with won't get his Boiler Fixed and I'm not authorized to fill out the form, its free. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 03, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.