Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [27F] boyfriend's [28M] new job depends on passing an exam he already failed. I'm scared of him becoming unemployed again.

My boyfriend was unemployed for six months and just got hired and onboarded as a software engineer making a decent salary. Unfortunately, continuation of his job depends on passing an exam that all new hires must go through. It's apparently really hard and requires a couple weeks of studying during onboarding.

Today I found out he was the only one out of his group of new hires who did not pass this test. He will be fortunately sent back for another two weeks of training and another crack at the exam, but I'm assuming this time around his new job is on the line.

In my opinion, he was smoking too much weed and drinking too much leading up to this test. I notice he's a tad more forgetful and prone to mistakes when he smokes and I want him to take a break from all of this and buckle down. Initially he told me he was not concerned about this test, and that quickly turned into him being behind after not doing well on the mock exam. I literally did not see him study outside of work hours until a couple days prior to the test. This sounds like a test you need to no life it for until you pass.

He's a very intelligent guy. He excels as a programmer. I know he just needs to buckle down and make this thing a top priority until he passes.

If he doesn't pass and he loses his job our relationship will be on the rocks. I supported him throughout his period of unemployment and he landed his job at the tail end of both my patience and his mental health. If he doesn't pass this test, he's going to spiral into a depression that will cripple him and our relationship will be severely strained again as I am starting a new job myself this month.

How can I support him through this and make him aware that he really needs to apply himself?

Tldr: bf didn't pass exam required for continued employment but has another shot. I don't think he studied for the test as much as he should have. Our relationship will be crap if he is unemployed yet again. How do I support him with so much on the line?



Submitted April 04, 2019 at 04:58PM by datqtanon http://bit.ly/2VoKkrJ
My [27F] boyfriend's [28M] new job depends on passing an exam he already failed. I'm scared of him becoming unemployed again. My [27F] boyfriend's [28M] new job depends on passing an exam he already failed. I'm scared of him becoming unemployed again. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 05, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.