Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [18 M] have put myself out there twice in 2 days. It hasn’t worked perfectly, but I’m proud of myself. I don’t really know what to do going forward though.

Now, excuse me if this is long. I have a ton swirling around my head, but I’ll try to keep it concise.

So, I have pretty bad social anxiety. I’m not great with new people, but I’ve slowly worked on it. I go to an all boys school, and I’m very close friends with some of the cooler kids. I’m just a normal kid, but since I didn’t know anyone at the school, I focused a lot on my grades at first (setting me on the path to finish first in my class). This year, I’ve gone to a few parties and had a lot of fun, things I didn’t really do the first 3 years of high school. Now, prom is coming up, and I want to go. The issue is I don’t really have any friends that are girls. All of my friends that are girls, I’ve met through my friends who are their boyfriends. The issue is that I literally have no one to go to prom with. My friends have offered to set me up with one of their girlfriends’ friends, but I don’t know how it would be going with someone I don’t know. My school doesn’t let us go stag.

That was background to the first time I put myself out there this week. There was this girl I’ve spoken to at 2 parties, and I asked my friend if he thinks she would want to go to prom with me. Well, when he asked his girlfriend about her that night, she said though she would really want to go with me, she was literally asked the night before by another kid. Shitty timing, but I don’t really care. I’m happy that I finally got the courage to figure out if someone wanted to go with me. Too bad I sat on my hands for so long, but whatever, as of 2 weeks ago, I was pretty certain I wasn’t going to go to prom because I was too scared

The second time I put myself out there was yesterday, I was scrolling through a Facebook group for a college I got into and saw that my old middle school crush was on it. We went to a really small school, and I’m almost 100% confident that she liked me too, but since I was in eighth grade, I didn’t ever do anything about it. She’s the best, and I’m so happy that she’s doing great. For the past 3 years, I wanted to reach out because I heard that she may like me still, but I never did anything. Yesterday, out of no where, I gained the confidence to text her. The conversation was short, but in her first message, she seemed really happy to hear from me. Too bad it ended so quickly. I really wish we could keep talking, but I don’t know what to say to her. She would be my dream girl for prom. I’m just really proud that I went out of my comfort zone these past 2 days even though it didn’t really work.

TLDR: I have social anxiety, but the past 2 days I’ve really surprised myself. First, I took a shot at asking this girl I don’t know really well to prom; unfortunately, one of my friends literally asked her the day before. Second, I texted my old crush. It didn’t really go anywhere, but it was something I wanted to do for the past 3 years.



Submitted April 05, 2019 at 09:31AM by mysecret__account http://bit.ly/2OQbQMd
I [18 M] have put myself out there twice in 2 days. It hasn’t worked perfectly, but I’m proud of myself. I don’t really know what to do going forward though. I [18 M] have put myself out there twice in 2 days. It hasn’t worked perfectly, but I’m proud of myself. I don’t really know what to do going forward though. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 05, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.