Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (25F) don't feel like I can compete with my boyfriend's (29M) best friend (28F)

I met my boyfriend through a mutual friend over the summer, and since our first date, we've been pretty much inseparable. It took me a little while to really warm up because he comes on a bit strong, but I couldn't help falling for him. He's really great to me, and I love how fun our relationship is, and it's nice to be adored, too.

He's been best friends with this girl, (we'll call her Cassie) for a little while. Before we met, their mutual friends had tried to set them up, but they ultimately decided they didn't have the chemistry. My boyfriend wasn't actually upfront about telling me this, and had previously told me they had no romantic history. I found out this information through someone Cassie dated (that I set her up with), who didn't realize I didn't know. I later found out through another friend of theirs that they slept together before we met. This is something he flat out denied when we first met and I asked him about it. This obviously led to a big fight. Cassie is really pretty and looks more like the girls he's dated in the past than I do. I've never had a complex about another girl before, but he really adores her, and it's wearing on me.

Don't get me wrong, I like this girl. She's been a good friend to both of us, and she seems really supportive of our relationship. I do feel, however, like his two younger sisters prefer Cassie over me, too. I've had trouble connecting with his sisters, who I know are very close with my boyfriend. I feel like they've been unwelcoming, but they've become really close with Cassie in recent months. I just can't help but worry that he's going to end up leaving me for her. I'm also worried that if I bring this up to him, he's going to deny it, and I'll feel crazy, but I don't think I'll feel any better. I would never want to do anything to drive a wedge in their friendship, because I know she means so much to him. He swears up and down they are just friends, but knowing they sometimes hang out one on one turns my stomach. I don't think he'd ever cheat, nor do I think she would do that to me, but I also can't stand feeling this way. What can I do?

tl;dr: my boyfriend and his best female friend have a brief romantic history but are just platonic friends now. Despite knowing this, I have a complex about her and her friendship with him and his family. What should I do?

edit: I used two different psuedonyms! Will just use Cassie now.



Submitted February 25, 2019 at 05:37PM by lacroix_doi https://ift.tt/2VlyMVJ
I (25F) don't feel like I can compete with my boyfriend's (29M) best friend (28F) I (25F) don't feel like I can compete with my boyfriend's (29M) best friend (28F) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 26, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.