Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Should I (29 F) talk to my boyfriend (30M) about a marriage timeline?

Hello,

I almost feel embarrassed to ask this but I was hoping to get an outside perspective. I have been dating an AMAZING guy for almost a year (April 1st is our one year, and not an April Fool's joke lol). It sounds very cliche but it really was love at first sight. I was completely flabbergasted that I had met such an amazing person and he has more than exceeded my expectations. We have a great relationship/communciation and have talked about marriage, but nothing in terms of a "when".

To make a long story short, it's a hard subject for me to talk about. I have been ready for this relationship for so long, and I am ready to commit. I am ready to build a life together and I am ready to travel and have a family eventually. To be cliche it makes me sad that it has taken so long to find this (I know some people don't find the one til even later in life though). Due to his job (preacher) we can't live together. When he had the potential opportunity to move out of state for work (job came up in December 2018, would have moved in July of this year) he said that he didn't want to move out of state and be alone/long distance, but that it was "too soon" to get engaged in July after a little over a year of dating and I respected that. I did agree that 2019 might be too soon (but for me not because I am not sure, but I just bought a house a few months ago/started a new job) but that I would be ready in a year (2020). He didn't really respond to that. I guess my question is, would it be too pushy to ask what his timeline looks like? He recently found out that he will be in his current job for at least 2 more years, so we won't be looking at having to potentially make a decision soon. This is all selfishly being brought on by the fact that someone recently thought I was married and referred to him as my husband and it just made me so sad. And whenever people ask me about our relationship/getting married it just makes me upset.

Even though it's not fair to look in the past, I sometimes think that what makes me sad is that I had a long term relationship that ended (2.5 years) and the guy proposed to me AFTER we broke up which was terrible lol. But even though I don't want to live in the past or compare, I can't help but think sometimes that if that had worked I would have been married a few years by now and maybe starting a family, which again I am SO ready for.

TL;DR In a relationship were we both mutually agree that it's heading towards marriage but I'm not sure if we are on the same timeline.



Submitted February 26, 2019 at 05:15AM by squatchhuntress https://ift.tt/2ExxMbs
Should I (29 F) talk to my boyfriend (30M) about a marriage timeline? Should I (29 F) talk to my boyfriend (30M) about a marriage timeline? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 26, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.