Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

UPDATE to I [F25] live above a noisy, mildly annoying family. It never really bothered me before until today when I heard the mother [F30-50s?] of the flat having a breakdown.

This is kind of an update to this post, as it's the same neighours:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/715xex/i_f25_live_above_a_noisy_mildly_annoying_family/

So to summarise my last post, I live above a single mother with two pre teen boys. I would hear them yelling at eachother and screaming a lot. One day I heard her crying and screaming hysterically saying that she hates her life. I wondered if I should do anything to help.

On to now. Me and my then-roommate deliberated popping down to visit her a lot after that incident. We were worried she would do something to herself, but at the same time didn't want to embarrass her/cause conflict/make our own lives difficult. We agreed if we ever heard her that upset again we'd do something, but for the time being I just spoke to our landlord (my godmother) and made her aware of what happened. She brushed it off and said something like "Yes we are very aware of that woman. Don't worry, let me know if anything else happens" which I thought was odd, but fine.

Turns out, she's a fucking nightmare. We hear her screaming constantly. She either has 10+ people round, in a 2 bedroom flat partying away, or is alone with the boys and screams and swears at them. She has her windows open in the height of winter to smoke weed, which you can smell outside.

Months later I come home to my flat after a weekend at my boyfriend's. My flatmate tells me the police have just been round because there was a domestic violence incident. Turns out her children's father came over, they argued, and had a physical fight. The police asked if my roommate heard anything, she said yes but we hear this every day. She screams at these kids so much that my roommate didn't even notice the difference between her getting the kids out of bed and her being physically assaulted. Police said the father is now banned from the property and we should call the police if we ever see him.

Fast forward to now. Noisy lady has a new boyfriend! Wonderful for her, except it's shite for us. She ships off the kids to somewhere (at least i fucking hope they're not sat in a corner wearing gas masks), and then has all day fuck and smoke weed sessions with this new bloke, which stinks out the entire block of flats. The smell is unbelievable. The first time this happened was 2 weeks ago at my new roommates moving in party. We had 10-15 friends round and had a fairly tame evening, and literally every one of my friends was like "what the fuck, why does it smell of weed so much." You know it's bad when 20something stoners/ex stoners are saying the smell is bad.

I complained to my landlady about this, mostly because I didn't want any other neighbours blaming us. If my block of flats stunk of weed and I saw 10 20something year olds all going into the same flat, I'd assume it was them. I hoped it was just a one time thing, but it's happened twice since.

She goes between screaming and swearing at these poor kids one day, to hotboxing the entire block the next. I'm over it. My new roommate moved in and I'm so embarrassed that she's basically moved into a weed den.

I really couldn't give a shit how much weed someone smokes. But when my whole flat stinks of it, it's not alright. I don't want this woman to get arrested and put her kids in care, and I don't want to confront her because she literally seems like a lunatic. Is there anything I can do here?

TL;DR : Single mother in the flat below me. I used to feel sorry for her, now she's just a lunatic who screams and her kids calling them "nasty fucking shits" while getting them out do bed in the morning. She's got a new bloke who brings round half a weed farm one or twice a weed and they hotbox our entire block of flats. I want to live in a flat that doesn't stink of weed, but don't want to confront this erratic woman. What can I do?



Submitted January 29, 2019 at 03:23AM by Whapwhaaap http://bit.ly/2Rrzxu9
UPDATE to I [F25] live above a noisy, mildly annoying family. It never really bothered me before until today when I heard the mother [F30-50s?] of the flat having a breakdown. UPDATE to I [F25] live above a noisy, mildly annoying family. It never really bothered me before until today when I heard the mother [F30-50s?] of the flat having a breakdown. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.