Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (23M) grandmother (83F)’s ex-boyfriend (82M) was found guilty of elder abuse. My grandmother has Alzheimer’s and calls my dad (62M) 20-40 times a day asking what happened, and it’s affecting my dad’s health & mental well being.

On mobile so sorry for the formatting. My grandmother’s boyfriend was found guilty of elder abuse on several counts. He’s been with her 18+ years, and the family recently saw him act greedy and manipulative. Long story short, anything he manipulated her to sign in the past was undone and a judge granted a permanent restraining order against him. Her daughter is now her legal guardian, and takes care of all financial and medical situations. On the bright side, this shit show has made the family even closer. The main issue is that my grandmother has terrible Alzheimer’s. She calls my dad (her son) every 3 hours asking what happened. She has no memory of the many court appearances, how he’s manipulated her and treated her. She doesn’t even remember calling 911 on him after he attempted to have her sign a legal document in the middle of the night. She only remembers the good things about him. Since this has all started, I’d estimate she’s called my dad over 1,000 times since he gets over 20-40 calls a day. These calls are taking him away from his job, his social life and his family. It’s affecting all of us and I don’t know how to help her move on.

Tl;dr Grandmother’s Alzheimer’s causes her to call family 100 times a week about her abusive ex, who she still thinks is a saint and I don’t know what I can do to protect my dad’s sanity.



Submitted December 31, 2018 at 02:12PM by TheodensWormtongue http://bit.ly/2AyRvVZ
My (23M) grandmother (83F)’s ex-boyfriend (82M) was found guilty of elder abuse. My grandmother has Alzheimer’s and calls my dad (62M) 20-40 times a day asking what happened, and it’s affecting my dad’s health & mental well being. My (23M) grandmother (83F)’s ex-boyfriend (82M) was found guilty of elder abuse. My grandmother has Alzheimer’s and calls my dad (62M) 20-40 times a day asking what happened, and it’s affecting my dad’s health & mental well being. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.