Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

He is choosing his career over mine

F[24] I have spent two years building towards becoming a full-time firefighter, attended college, lost weight, and left for 6 months to work as a temporary live-in firefighter out of state. My final test for firefighting/ certification is in January. Then I can be hired full-time nearly anywhere in my state.

My fiancé [M25] was a police officer for a year, I moved with him for his job to an area that rarely hires firefighters, and I decided to pursue college to get hired, the fire station in town refused to hire me. I left state to get experience, fire station still denied me... He lost his police job while I was out-of-state, I supported bills for two months, and he got hired as security. Police work is his dream job, and he's worked corrections for two years to branch into it.

The conflict;

We've been together 7 years, and adore each other deeply. He has gotten hired to be a sheriff, in a county that has NO full-time firefighters, and I am required to live within 30-45 minutes for most places, or within city limits. Calculating distance from EVERY full-time department, and from every station distance requirements. I do not make the minimum distance for any fire stations. Alongside this, I just finished my online classes specifically to start my paramedic. This county is 3 hours away from my college.

After my fiancé lost his job, he was rejected in 7 departments, essentially blacklisted from law enforcement. This could be his LAST chance to actually pursue his dream career. But moving there will prevent me from college, prevent me from a career I've worked to pursue, and force us to move away from my volunteer work as a firefighter at two stations AND a red cross volunteer.

What would you do? In this situation with someone you love deeply, would you give up your career for them?

He was forced to resign from his job due to him protesting about lack of training. They forced him to go by himself on patrols after only TWO weeks out of academy, his trainer and him both stated he was not ready, and law enforcement should have a STANDARD of at least a year. They asked him to resign or be fired after 9 months out of academy.

tldr; His career is taking him to a place where I cannot pursue my own career or education.

edit; bolded words, he has been hired, he has the job.



Submitted November 19, 2022 at 08:14PM by ChampionshipSad1057 https://ift.tt/dMTjWOz
He is choosing his career over mine He is choosing his career over mine Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 20, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.