Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Boyfriend Ditches Me Constantly

Edit: Thank you for your advice everyone and sorry the post doesn't make much sense now I look back. We broke up an hour ago, I was sick of feeling like this and going to take a few months to myself. On to bigger and better things!

My (21M) boyfriend (23M) and I have been together for 2 years now. We generally get on well, with the exception that he seems to have a habit of ditching me or not making plans with me, it's up to me to make plans.

We don't live that close, about 40/45 minute drive from each other, but i don't mind driving over to see him as I enjoy his company. I've mentioned in the past about him not planning dates, trips, nights away etc and was met with "I'm too stressed in work, I don't have time to plan things". He works fewer days than me so has a three days off (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) whereas I work Monday to Friday. This means our only time together is Saturday night & Sunday.

Last night I drove to his house with the plan I was going to stay over. I had went to the supermarket before to buy food for dinner to make something and got a few small gifts (candle/houseplant, etc) while I was there because I like small acts of appreciation and enjoy doing it.

When I went over he said he didn't want what I had bought, and instead wanted a takeaway. No big issue, we'll get a takeway. I ordered food, collected it and then we ate it and had a beer with the meal. An hour after his friend text him that she was on her way to pick him up to go to the pub. He was confused as they agreed that they were seeing each other on Sunday night, not Saturday.

He said he couldn't cancel on her as she had already got dressed and put makeup on. I said I'll head home, and it's no biggie, but I got extremely annoyed driving home and spoke to my friend about it who said I should have at least been invited out.

This morning I woke up, we exchanged good mornings. I am a believer in voicing my emotions, so I mentioned to him I was upset about last night and I felt left out and it hurt me. I asked him if he could come over so we could talk about it but he said he was too busy and wouldn't have time. I mentioned that he was busy tonight but those plans were moved to Saturday, but he just hit me back with the fact he is busy and won't come over.

I got annoyed, as he had small tasks like cleaning the house which could be done on his two days off and couldn't understand why he was too busy to meet up to talk about how he doesn't understand why it has to be sorted today. I told him he could either come over, and we talk about it, or we can end the relationship. He said again he was too busy so in the heat of it I said "I guess you've made your decision then". (For clarity I would go to his, but I go to his 2/3 times a week and he comes to mine once a month, so thought it was only fair. Plus fuel prices at the moment are crippling me and I can't justify spending more money to see him). He's also out with his friends every Saturday night, but if I ask to go out for dinner on a Saturday he's either busy/too tired after work.

I'm not sure where we're at now. I don't know if we're broken up or together. I don't know if I'm taking this too far, I constantly feel left out from multiple other times he's just completely forgotten about me. I saw the phrase "Single with a boyfriend" but I fully understand it now. Am I in the wrong with this? Have I crossed a line and got upset over something small? Any advice is much appreciated.

(TL:DR) Boyfriend made me go home after he messed up his plans with someone else and went out drinking without me when we were meant to spend time with each other.



Submitted November 27, 2022 at 10:55AM by Additional_Thanks_77 https://ift.tt/LS0vBHA
Boyfriend Ditches Me Constantly Boyfriend Ditches Me Constantly Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 28, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.