Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My partner(F33) won't stop sulking about me(F31) not caving to a random whim. Is there a gentle way to deal with this?

She has a large back tattoo and one on the upper side of her arm with our daughter's name and is thinking of getting more. She's always loved tats, even getting excited when seeing cool tats on other people.

When we had our daughter(which was more or less 18 months into our relationship) she talked about me getting a tat to match the one she got with our daughter's name. I told her tattoos aren't my thing and she was fine with it. We were friends for years before dating so she's known my stance on it. I can appreciate it on other people but its not for me.

A week ago she said she wants to get one on her wrist but wants it to be a matching one with me also getting one. She really pushed for it this time, talking about how cute it'd look, how I know back in early 20s she always imagine her partner would have matching tattoos. I said no again and she sulked.

The next day she said I at least owe her that since I haven't proposed. I reminded her why that is and she stopped arguing. She had undiagnosed BP and a while back walked out on me and our daughter. Since then she's gotten into therapy, is taking her meds and things have been smooth but I still don't feel we're there yet for marriage.

She's now guilt tripping me, saying she's asking for something so small and I can't give it to her.

I'm not sure where to go here. This isn't affecting our day to day, she's still a great mom and housekeeper so I don't think this is her disorder acting up, but the passive aggressiveness shows no sign of stopping anytime soon.


tl;dr: Is there a gentle way to talk a partner down from losing their mind over not getting their way?



Submitted November 09, 2022 at 03:27AM by goforbrokecoke https://ift.tt/hHDV9Sk
My partner(F33) won't stop sulking about me(F31) not caving to a random whim. Is there a gentle way to deal with this? My partner(F33) won't stop sulking about me(F31) not caving to a random whim. Is there a gentle way to deal with this? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 09, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.