Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Accidentally admited to my boss that I stole food as a teen.

I (25f) work at a small retail store. My manager(M70's) is an amazing guy and I feel 100% comfortable around him, which is great but also makes it hard to be professional around him sometimes because he is so comforting and friendly.

When I was a young person my parents were in a decade long divorce that was extremely messy. Both of them would avoid the house for days and my siblings and I would be left alone with no food, or any money to buy things. I would get so hungry and desperate that I would walk to a nearby grocery store and stole lunch meat and cheese to feed myself and my two younger siblings. I felt really guilty at the time but I knew I was doing all that I could, and all I knew how to do. It was still not right to steal.

My boss and I were talking about a shoplifting incident at my job, and we were speculating on why people steal from small non-essentials stores. My stupid ass says "but I understand why some people might take out of desperation. I stole food once when I was a child." I immediately regretted admiting this to my Manager, it is not something you should tell a manager no matter how kind they are...should I apologize to him and assure him i'd never take from our store? Im afraid iight have put my job into jeopardy with this admission. I have never stolen from a job and will never in the future.

TL;DR: I overshared and admitted to stealing food when I was young to my boss and Instantly regretted it.



Submitted November 10, 2022 at 01:46PM by meretrix-vivat https://ift.tt/KI3ZJWh
Accidentally admited to my boss that I stole food as a teen. Accidentally admited to my boss that I stole food as a teen. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 11, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.