Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (31F) am stuck living with ex (32M) because he is blackmailing me

I have been living with my ex boyfriend in low income housing for two years. I lost my job during the pandemic while I was pregnant and I was the breadwinner. We have two children together. I work part time and am in school. Everything is in my name and he is not on the lease. I decided that I didn't want him to be on the lease after having his background check completed because he not only can't keep a job for more than a week, but he treats me very badly. He's verbally, emotionally, and sexually abusive. I have called the police several times, but they never have enough evidence to make him leave the home. I called Fair Housing and the local municipal court to find out how to have him evicted legally. I told him verbally that he had 30 days to move, but at this point he is saying that if I try to kick him out he will go to the property manager and tell them he's been living here without being on the lease and will try to have me and our children evicted. I am in the process of getting back on my feet financially, but likely won't be able to afford to move out of housing for another year. I have no support system. No family and no close friends. I can't keep living with him, and I don't know what to do. He's awful, but I can't be homeless with my children. I thought about going to speak with the property manager myself, but I'm scared I'd be shooting myself in the foot.

TL;DR - Ex says he will try to get me evicted if I kick him out.



Submitted November 23, 2022 at 08:52PM by BenjaminTickles https://ift.tt/rEmpSDO
I (31F) am stuck living with ex (32M) because he is blackmailing me I (31F) am stuck living with ex (32M) because he is blackmailing me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 24, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.