Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I'm (27f) upset my husband (34m) doesn't want my friend (28f) to visit our new home.

I should start this out by saying that I'm not a very social person and tend to not really care what other people think. My husband is a very social person. We recently bought our first house in a small town. This also happens to be the same town that my friend lives in. She is a very sweet person and is a trans woman. She and I have been talking a lot about her and her roommate coming over the week that we move in. They want to bring us food, see the house, etc. I mentioned this to my husband and he said he doesn't want them to come over. His reasoning is that he thinks that people who are trans "tend to be weird" and we don't know what their reputation is in the town. He's worried that the neighbors will see my friend come over and "think that we're weird or like that" and that would start us off on the wrong foot with our neighbors. He's worried that the neighbors will see my friend come over and then not socialize with him. I told him that I didn't really care if the neighbors saw my friend come over and I don't care "how they're known in town" since she's my friend. I also brought up that if the neighbors have a problem with my friend and don't want to meet us because we know her, then thats their problem and they aren't worth our time. My husband insists that it's a bad idea and really doesn't want them visiting. This is the first time he's ever expressed views like this and it's alarming to me that he thinks this way. Is there a better way to approach this?

TL;DR: my husband doesn't want my friend to visit our new house because she's trans and he's worried what the neighbors will think.



Submitted November 21, 2022 at 10:45PM by Little-Pebble12 https://ift.tt/GOstDFC
I'm (27f) upset my husband (34m) doesn't want my friend (28f) to visit our new home. I'm (27f) upset my husband (34m) doesn't want my friend (28f) to visit our new home. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 22, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.