Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (41f) just discovered that my son (11M) has an older brother that I never knew about

So my son's father was never really in the picture. He left soon after my son, Jamie (fake name) was born. He's never had any contact or relationship of any kind with Jamie. I knew that he had another child from a previous relationship, Adam (also fake name) and since he let us, I've come to find out through mutual acquaintances that he also left this boy and never had any relationship with him.

I've recently found Adam on social media and found out that he lives in our city. Last night I told Jamie about this and he hasn't stopped talking and asking about Adam. Looking back I wish I had done a bit more research before telling Jamie since I really don't have much to tell him about his half-brother. He's 25, I think so there is a very significant age gap and I don't know anything about his personal life since his social media profiles are all private.

I've never really dated since having Jamie and he's never had any significant male role model so he's always latched onto older males in his life (teachers, my friends, etc.) so the thought of having an older brother is revolutionary to him. I do think that, if Adam is open to having a relationship with Jamie, and if it feels appropriate to me, then there could be long-term benefits to Jamie. As well, I don't think it's fair to hide something like this from Jamie.

I've told Jamie that I would reach out to Adam but I have no idea as to how. What do I tell him? How do we meet? What should I expect from a potential relationship between Jamie and Adam?

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

TL;DR: Found out that my son has an older half-brother and decided to reach out to him but don't know how to.



Submitted November 22, 2022 at 05:12PM by Old_Marsupial6402 https://ift.tt/YtpbecW
I (41f) just discovered that my son (11M) has an older brother that I never knew about I (41f) just discovered that my son (11M) has an older brother that I never knew about Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 23, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.