Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

SO got fired but told me he got laid off.

I (F30) have been with my SO (also fiancé) (M34) for 2 years. Two months ago he told me that he got laid off and his last day would be the following Friday.

I’ve been suspicious of him getting laid off bc he didn’t get a severance package and he knew that. I told him that he could tell me if he got fired and he kept denying it.

Not only did he lie about getting fired, he fabricated a whole story to make me believe that he was laid off. He told me that 10 other people in his department got laid off. He told me that his last day would be in 2 weeks. He told me that he was taking pto most of those last two weeks but little did I know, there was no pto bc he didn’t even have a job. His last day was the day his manager fired him.

He didn’t want to tell me out of ‘shame and embarrassment’ when he knows that I would still be supportive. What upsets me the most is all the lies he had to tell me in order to make me believe that he was laid off. I remember even asking him on the phone how his last day went which he answered (another lie).

He could’ve told me sooner. He only told me now bc he wouldn’t be able to hide the fact that his unemployment claim was denied.

Has your SO ever lied about this before? How’d you handle it?

TLDR: My SO lied to be about getting fired. For two months, he’s been fabricating a story so that I’d believe he was laid off.



Submitted November 14, 2022 at 06:58PM by throwawayinphilly2 https://ift.tt/FjkAG1O
SO got fired but told me he got laid off. SO got fired but told me he got laid off. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 15, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.