Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I have just learned that my (36/M) girlfriend (23/F) lied to me about her age and now I don’t know what to do.

I have been dating my girlfriend for 2 years. When we met I was 34 and she told me she was 28. Our relationship proceeded like normal and everything has been frankly quite lovely. I had every intention of marrying this woman someday.

A few days ago, friends of hers came to visit for the first time. (Between the global situation and the fact that the country we live in is not her home country, I had never met any of my girlfriend’s friends/family in person). One of her friends let it slip that Lila is not 30, like I thought she was, but she’s only 23.

I confronted her about it after her friends left, and she admitted that she lied to me and said she was older because she thought (correctly) that I wouldn’t go out with her otherwise. She claims this is the only lie she’s ever told me, but she admits that it was a big one.

I don’t know what to do. I understand why she lied, and I guess I’m glad that she did because I wouldn’t have given her a chance if she’d been honest. Plus I feel like if I was able to date her for 2 years without noticing a communication problem or a maturity gap, then it must not actually be that big a deal so really she was right.

But I feel incredibly hurt that she lied to me for such a long time and I’m not sure if I should try to move past it. I don’t want to throw away 2 years of a great relationship, but I can’t stop thinking about how the relationship was built on a lie.

Tl:dr: My girlfriend lied to me about her age, is it possible to move past this?



Submitted June 03, 2022 at 11:40AM by ToalSwim https://ift.tt/VN1l0Wp
I have just learned that my (36/M) girlfriend (23/F) lied to me about her age and now I don’t know what to do. I have just learned that my (36/M) girlfriend (23/F) lied to me about her age and now I don’t know what to do. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 04, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.