Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How Can I (30M) Be More Emotionally Stable For My Girlfriend (25F)?

I'm 30, and just now realizing that I may suffer form some form of bipolar/mood disorder. But its very specific, and only triggered if certain things happen. I am generally very upbeat, positive, and like to think that I am fun to be around. My girlfriend is incredible, and I am very in love with her. We both like to banter, which is something I have always looked for in a relationship. She is very smart and funny.

Throughout my life, I have had issues in relationships when someone I am dating will make a joke or comment that rubs me the wrong way. Its the weirdest thing and I truly feel I have no control over my reaction whatsoever. They will make a random joke or poke fun at me in a harmless way, and my brain will somehow perceive it as an attack/as them trying to convey that they don't like me.

This has happened with my girlfriend recently. We will be having a great time, she will say something as banter, and it will completely throw me off. For hours. Despite her apologizing trying to talk about it, I am just completely out of it. When it happens I can barely talk/definitely cannot be myself. It really throws everything off and I feel bad for her. I even tell her that she did nothing wrong, its totally on me. Its literally like my brain stops functioning in a way where I can behave normally. I am just very quiet/down.

Does anyone know if there is a specific name for this kind of a response/condition? Any recommendations? It is very important to me to be strong/stable for my girlfriend, and I don't want her to have to worry about making a joke and it ruining our day together.

TLDR: How can I be more emotionally stable for my girlfriend and not let myself get thrown off by her harmless banter comments?



Submitted June 05, 2022 at 01:08PM by TelephoneAccurate975 https://ift.tt/Emd62O1
How Can I (30M) Be More Emotionally Stable For My Girlfriend (25F)? How Can I (30M) Be More Emotionally Stable For My Girlfriend (25F)? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 06, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.