Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

UPDATE- My boyfriend (21M) is ignoring me (20F) for no reason. What should I do?

Link to the original post https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/r4wjbt/my_boyfriend_21m_is_ignoring_me_20f_for_no_reason/

Thank you to everyone who responded. I (20F) called 21M after writing the initial post and got no response. I ended up sending a message confronting him about him ignoring my messages and asking if everything was okay. He did respond with yes and said he was just playing a game. I was definitely happy to get a response, but I was a bit frustrated because it seemed like he was just ignoring what happened yesterday. So I confronted him.

I told him that what he did yesterday hurt my feelings. It felt like he was ignoring me because I did something to upset him (which he said I didn't do anything to upset him). I also told him that the way he acted made it feel like he was trying to indicate a break-up, to which he said "no I don't. I am just dumb." I ended up telling him that I find it hard to communicate with him and that he needs to work on it. He apologized and said he would try to improve.

He never gave an explanation as to why he wouldn't respond yesterday. I tried to ask, but he jumped around the topic. I also tried to talk to him afterward about his day and the game he was playing, and his responses were very stiff, using only one word. I can't see this relationship lasting too long, as sad as it is to say. I know he doesn't want to hurt my feelings, but it's painfully obvious he has no interest in talking to me.

This mindset stayed with me for a couple more days, until I got tired of it. He said he would change, but he showed the exact same behaviour as before. Eventually, I just got tired of it. We had a long talk about we felt, our personal issues (including mental) and how we were better as friends. He also did confess to having a crush on the person I mentioned in my previous post. I then broke off the relationship. I haven't spoken to him since.

It's been a few days since then. Things have been difficult mentally, but I don't regret my decision at all. The relationship we were building had a whole bunch of issues and it was slowly becoming toxic. I am glad I was able to get out of there before things got worse. Again, thank you to everyone for the advice. It helped me get out of this toxic relationship and for that, I couldn't be more grateful.

TL;DR: Me and boyfriend tried to work things out for a few days. We still had problems, so I broke up with him and cut off ties with him. I am a much happier person now :)



Submitted December 10, 2021 at 09:27PM by Curious-Ad-5776 https://ift.tt/3EO2k5g
UPDATE- My boyfriend (21M) is ignoring me (20F) for no reason. What should I do? UPDATE- My boyfriend (21M) is ignoring me (20F) for no reason. What should I do? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 11, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.