Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Partner [M32] of 2 years has trouble dealing with my [F31] children.

We have been together for a few years, my children are now 11 and 8 and at times very challenging. My partner does not have his own children however has been very involved with mine throughout our relationship.

The other day he snapped at my son, and since then he’s just withdrawn completely from his own version of parenting. He also expressed that he never wanted children because he doesn’t think he can stay calm and patient etc.

Now I’m really upset by all of this. Not that he snapped at my son, (he knows how to push everyone’s buttons and although that’s not how I deal with him, I understand his reaction) but on how he’s been since with him. I think withdrawing is quite unfair to the kids, they adore him and rely on consistency and he’s just switched off.

I don’t know if this will be a short term, or long term thing, but I don’t like how he’s chosen to withdraw, and it was something very little, I wonder how he will handle things in the future as I’m sure as the children get older, they may become more challenging. I wonder if this is a sign to end the relationship.

TL:DR partner suddenly decided he doesn’t want to be as involved with my children as he lost his temper recently. Is it time to end things?



Submitted December 13, 2021 at 03:00AM by greyandyellowranger https://ift.tt/31VbI8M
Partner [M32] of 2 years has trouble dealing with my [F31] children. Partner [M32] of 2 years has trouble dealing with my [F31] children. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 13, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.