Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My(33F) husbands(36M) dad(58m) moved in and I am afraid it's going to ruin our marriage

My husband(36m) and I(33f) have been together since 11/2018, lived together since 5/2019, and just got married 7/31/2021!!! Everything was fine, he started his own business and then his dad(58m) moved here from up north to help him with his business. So far it's NOT been good. I'm honestly afraid it's going to ruin our marriage. Long story short, my husband's dad wasn't a part of his life growing up. They reconnected roughly 10ish years ago. But until now (since his dad's moved in with us) he has only seen him a few times, years ago and this past summer for our wedding. Needless to say, FIL has let both of our expectations down. For my husband, on the business side of things FIL isn't holding up to what he said. And for me, on the home side of things it's just bad .. FIL won't cook, won't clean, and I'm about to lose it. He's messy and "his space" isn't even his, it's shared with our children and that's extremely not ok to be that way. To kick it off, finances are a struggle now, and they weren't before, FIL said he wants us all to be able to talk about things, but when we do try to talk to him he gets pissed so he just doesn't do anything. And he basically follows us like a puppy around the house.

My husband and I have both agreed we will not let him ruin our marriage, but we are arguing more already and it's his dad. I know he was hoping for a different/better relationship with him, but it's not really there. And my heart hurts for my husband because of that.

My question/where I need help .. how do I talk to my husband about this? I don't know how much longer I can take it and every time I bring it up, my husband gets mad at me. Any suggestions???

Also, if you have any advice on how I can possibly get through to my father in law, please send it my way!

TLDR: my(33F) husband's(36M) dad(58m) moved in about 2 months ago and I'm afraid it's going to ruin our marriage. We just got married 7/31/2021. He literally does nothing around does the house and is messy in "his living space" that isn't even his.



Submitted December 07, 2021 at 03:35PM by DarkAngelX88 https://ift.tt/3pGqMiT
My(33F) husbands(36M) dad(58m) moved in and I am afraid it's going to ruin our marriage My(33F) husbands(36M) dad(58m) moved in and I am afraid it's going to ruin our marriage Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 08, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.