Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I don’t feel safe around my mom’s boyfriend. What can I do?

I (27f) have never felt great around my mom’s boyfriend, but things have gotten worse since they bought a house a moved hours away. Now, when I visit, I spend the night. I hardly sleep while I’m there, and I sleep with pepper spray in hand behind locked doors (with a large picture frame leaning against the door in case it were opened quietly.)

I’m fearful because he will sometimes have intense bursts of anger. It’s unnerving to hear him be lovey-dovey with my mom and then a week later hear him screaming horrible things at the top of his lungs. That level of instability just makes my skin crawl, you know?

Unfortunately, my mother is a narcissist and horribly mentally ill. She cannot be reasoned with, and apparently enjoys her life with this man, but he’s cruel to her at times. I maintain a relationship with her because I still feel that I am able to and it brings her much joy.

However, tonight she told me that he recently threw a cup of scalding hot coffee at her, and she was pretty badly burned. This is the first time he’s been violent that I can recall, and now I am terribly anxious about staying at their house on Christmas.

I do not feel there’s a good or easy way to get out of this commitment without breaking my mother’s heart, but I also feel stupid staying in the house with a man who is comfortable overpowering and harming women. I’m just so sad for her, and I do not know what to do.

TL;DR: my mom’s boyfriend is getting violent, and I feel unsafe going around for Christmas



Submitted December 04, 2021 at 11:36PM by cinnamonmarigold https://ift.tt/3DpmRMi
I don’t feel safe around my mom’s boyfriend. What can I do? I don’t feel safe around my mom’s boyfriend. What can I do? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 05, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.