Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How can I (18F) convince my mom (46F) my lack of communication is normal?

For reference, my mom is not the best. She treats my siblings and I like 5 year olds (I can explain this more in the comments if needed), and loves to diagnose me with things I don't have. She also tolerated the way my dad treated us for years, although that is starting to get better. My younger siblings can also tell I'm the least favorite, and have mentioned it without my prompting.

My mom went on vacation for the weekend (Friday night to Sunday night) to run a race. In that time, I talked to her on the phone for 2 minutes when my dad passed it to me, texted her a question about an activity we're both doing next weekend and used Iphone react to put a thumbs up next to her race time text.
When she got back she was yelling at me for being disrespectful and barely talking to her. On top of that, she cancelled my holiday party, and told me to "just wait for tonight, we're going to talk." In an angry way that makes me think I'm getting more punishments and yelled at more.
Is she overreacting or should I have been having more communication to her? I wasn't ignoring her texts or anything, she texted me once to wish me good morning outside from the family group chat. If my lack of communication is normal, how can I explain to her that we don't have to spend every second texting?

tl;dr How can I convince my mom my lack of communication is normal?



Submitted December 06, 2021 at 05:14AM by christmascamearly https://ift.tt/3y38E6G
How can I (18F) convince my mom (46F) my lack of communication is normal? How can I (18F) convince my mom (46F) my lack of communication is normal? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 06, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.