Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How bad an idea is it for me (31f) to support my ex through his (33m) break up depression?

I broke up with my ex feb this year. We knew each other for 8 years and had plans of getting married. As we got closer to thinking about marriage seriously, several issues surfaced - religious differences, different imagination of the future, lack of initiative of his part and several personality clashes.

I really wanted to talk it over. I wanted him to acknowledge the issues and figure out a practical way to deal with the issues rather than break up. But, my ex just went totally mia and didn’t get back. I left him a long text explaining stuff. Still leaving room for him to reason with me. He did nothing to stop me. We broke up via text. I gave him closure via text. He gave me closure via text.

I did not get the emotional bandwidth to process the grief. But, honestly I was tired with the constant disagreements. I felt rather relieved when it ended. He seemed like he was doing fine as well. We didn’t communicate with each other for long.

Lately, I’ve been noticing him put really desperate pleas for help on social media. He isn’t even connected to a lot of ppl there. 6 followers. He is unmistakably trying to get my attention. He doesn’t have a lot of friends. His behaviour online is beginning to worry me. I recently got into an exclusive relationship and it feels weird. I feel sad about how he is dealing with things. I was wondering if he needs another closure. Perhaps knowing that I’ve moved on would encourage him to move on? I feel like checking on him but don’t want to get the wrong message across. I just want to tell him whatever he needs to really get a closure and move on. I think he is putting out these stuff on social media because he wants another chance.

What to do?

TL;DR: Ex has no support system and is putting desperate pleas on social media to get my attention. Is it a bad idea to check on him and have a closure discussion for the second time?



Submitted December 03, 2021 at 04:31AM by veryunluckytoday https://ift.tt/3DfDbyY
How bad an idea is it for me (31f) to support my ex through his (33m) break up depression? How bad an idea is it for me (31f) to support my ex through his (33m) break up depression? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 03, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.