Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Colleague/Love Interest Says he is coming to visit and I had to pay for his hotel...

A former colleague has become a bit of a love interest lately. He lives out of state. He has sent me clients before and he often texts me dozens of times a day. He divorced about a year ago.

He told me he was coming to my city a few months ago for a big new work project (he is an investor) and asked for recommendations for which side of town to stay on. I told him then and he never came.

So he's been texting me a lot lately and said something about how he was traveling agin. So I texted back, when are you coming to my city?

About 10 min later he sent me an itinerary and Said I'm coming Thursday! I can't wait to see your xmas Tree, your new ;place. Can you pick some good restaurants?

I said sure! But I was a bit stunned. I have my 16 year old son this weekend so I was thinking...well I'm going to have to balance this.

He texted several times about the trip and alluded that he would be staying w me. He can NOT stay with me. So, I have a discount at a local hotel due to a client and I went ahead and made a reservation for him.

He texted today and said "thank you so much for letting me crash on your couch. you sure it's ok?"

This man is a multimillionaire. Not a joke. He is. He has authored books about investing etc. So he's been vetted mainstream.

I said well, I took the liberty to reserve you a room at the nice hotel around the corner where I get a discount, because I have my son this weekend. But we can def still go to dinner and hang out. My son will be w his friends at least one of the evenings.

He said "thank you so much! Getting the hotel for me is one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me! Thank you SO MUCH."

So ....he is planning to have ME pay for his hotel at a time where I didn't even invite him...he invited himself?

I am scratching my head. Did I miss something? I am half temped to tell him I have an emergency out of town and can't be around this weekend. I am SHOCKED that a multimillionaire could use my kindness like this and not even OFFER to pay his own hotel tab?

TL:DR. What should I do? Should I have dinner with this man or just cancel his reservation and tell him to take a hike?



Submitted December 15, 2021 at 08:34PM by thisisandthat000 https://ift.tt/3F3wXnE
Colleague/Love Interest Says he is coming to visit and I had to pay for his hotel... Colleague/Love Interest Says he is coming to visit and I had to pay for his hotel... Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 16, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.