Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Sleeping in different beds/rooms? My bf (28M) and I (24F) have difficulties getting a good nights rest when sharing a bed...

...and both of us can't cope with not sleeping well. We get stressed out and even end up having more fights.

One of the issues (or at least my main issue) is that he snores. I can wear ear plugs but even that doesn't help. I either remain in a state between light sleep and disturbance or I can't sleep at all or only for part of the night. I wish that I was not as noise sensitive but it really drives me crazy. It feels like torture.

I may also disturb his sleep by moving around (partly because I can't sleep properly due to the snoring but maybe also for other reasons like nightmares or general sleep issues - which is hard for me to solve as well), going to the bathroom once a night (many/some nights) and waking up earlier on the weekends.

He, on the other hand, gets up early during the week (with an alarm clock) which usually wakes me up as well. Sometimes I may fall asleep again but its not restful at all and it leaves me feeling terribly exhausted.

It takes a toll on both of us.

He occasionally wants to sleep during the day when I have to study. (My study space is in the bedroom, his is in the living room. Various reasons make it difficult for me to simply switch to his desk.)

We have now slept in different rooms. He has the living room to himself (where a couch and his study space is and where he usually spends more time) and I stayed in the bedroom (where my study space is and I usually spend more time).

Of course, it's a nice thing to share a bed, but if it ends up in fights and a bad mood that may not help anyone...

I've heard of (married) couples who swore on sleeping in separate bedrooms and which wholeheartedly claim it has saved their relationship.

Now, my question is if that's the best solution or if anyone can think of better alternatives.

Maybe You want to share Your view on or experience with that sort of issue or You have heard of other couples who had success with either the one or the other way.

Thanks :)

TL;DR: We can't sleep properly when sharing a bed.



Submitted August 27, 2021 at 04:17AM by ripped-aye https://ift.tt/2UQJ5GA
Sleeping in different beds/rooms? My bf (28M) and I (24F) have difficulties getting a good nights rest when sharing a bed... Sleeping in different beds/rooms? My bf (28M) and I (24F) have difficulties getting a good nights rest when sharing a bed... Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 27, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.